Display Brightness Problem In Windows 10 [Solved]

When windows 8 launched, everyone was stuck after exploring the new start menu. But Microsoft decided to end the new start screen, no one knows why.

I also upgraded from win 8 to win 10 (not even win 8.1 as i hated that), but as soon I step on the desktop, brightness was too high (100%). I generally  work on 60-75%. I tried to take it down but the slider was not working. So went to device manager to see display adapter settings, I saw it was set to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. But in windows 8 it was AMD (in my case). I tried to update drivers from the properties menu but in vain. Then I downloaded the latest drives from amd support site. But the Catalyst Manager failed to install the AMD display driver.

So to Solve this I again tried clean install of the display drivers and catalyst manager but even then it was not working. My eyes were in pain. Then a miracle:

Solution:

  1. Create a restore point or move to next step.
  2. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Google it.
  3. From there do a CLEAN UNINSTALL of your current display driver. It will create a restore point( safety ).
  4. Now If you were using older version of windows (like 7, 8, 8.1) then download the Graphics or Display Drivers from your graphics manufacturer site( in my case was AMD not HP) which is not for Win 10, but for Win 8.1 ( previously used windows ). 
  5. Install and restart.
  6. Magic
I know it will work. This was the Ultimate solution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog